Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Creative Autobiography

1. What is the first creative moment you remember?
Designing a plate for my parents in the third grade.

2. Was anyone there to witness or appreciate it?
It was a school project so yes there was someone there to witness it. I hope my parents appreciated it. I think they did.

3. What is the best idea you’ve ever had?
Don’t know for sure. What’s coming to mind is starting this blog and starting my Law of Attraction group.

4. What made it great in your mind?
Living authentically.

5. What is the dumbest idea?
Trying to write a county and western love song when I was a teenager about a man leaving me.

6. What made it stupid?
I don’t like country and western music and I hadn’t even had a boyfriend yet. Not sure why I was even writing the song. I think I was trying to rhyme some words that were floating around in my mind and it just turned into this silly song.

7. Can you connect the dots that led you to this idea?
Not sure if it’s talking about best idea or dumbest or both. What’s coming to mind is having a desire (to live authentically) and listening to and acting on the ideas that come to me. (rhyming words and writing a song)

8. What is your creative ambition?
To live the highest vision of myself and to create the most magnificent life I can imagine.

9. What are the obstacles to this ambition?
My thinking, money, lack of motivation at times.

10. What are the vital steps to achieving this ambition?
Align my thinking with my ambition.

11. How do you begin your day?
It depends. Sometimes I begin it very deliberately, waking up early, aligning myself with my intentions for the day and other times I get up late and hit the ground running and react to things as they happen instead of creating them.

12. What are your habits? What patterns do you repeat?
Snoozing the alarm, getting up late, arriving at work late, not preparing lunch ahead of time so I end up eating out, spending a lot of time on the Internet, watching and studying Abraham workshop tapes, writing in my journal, playing with tape, questioning my actions and motivations.

13. Describe your first successful creative act?
First thing that comes to mind is writing a story when I was in elementary school. Writing came so easy for me then and I remember writing this story and realizing it was really good.

14. Describe your second successful creative act?
I remember being able to draw really well when I was little. We used to have these ceramic faces of people of different nationalities hanging on the wall and I would sit down and draw them and what would come out on the paper looked like the ceramic faces hanging on the wall. I remember wondering how that happened.

15. Compare them?
Writing & drawing. Feeling no resistance in doing them, I just wanted to do it and I could. It was easy and it felt easy.

16. What are your attitudes toward money, power, praise, rivals, work, play?
Money – you have to work hard to get it and it doesn’t come out of the blue
Power – I love personal power. I’m at my most creative and happiest when I’m in my power
Praise – it’s good to praise and look for the best aspects of someone or something
Rivals – I don’t have rivals because I am the creator of my own experience. Other people are just mirrors for me
Play – I love to play and remind myself of my own childhood when I was filled with imagination and believed in magic and wonderment

17. Which artists do you admire most?
Michael Jackson, Claude DeBussy, Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Maurice Ravel, Gertrude Stein, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Leonardo daVinci

18. Why are they your role models?
Created many things, created something new, was outspoken, had salons that stimulated conversation and new ideas, lived life in their own way on their own terms.

19. What do you and your role models have in common?
I want to live my life in my own way and don’t want to fit in to some specific role that someone has picked out for me. I want to create great things and have my life be an example of living life at your highest and best. They let their creations come forth.

20. Does anyone in your life regularly inspire you?
My nephews do because they aren’t afraid to take chances and stand out.

21. Who is your muse?
I don’t know.

22. Define muse?
A specific person or deity who inspires you to your greatness.

23. When confronted with superior intelligence or talent, how do you respond?
With awe and admiration. People like that inspire me to be more in my own life.

24. When faced with stupidity, hostility, intransigence, laziness, or indifference in others, how do you respond?
Most times it frustrates me. Sometimes it makes me angry and sometimes it makes me examine my own limiting and narrow-minded views.

25. When faced with impending success or the threat of failure, how do you respond?
It kind of scares me. I’m afraid of people noticing me.

26. When you work, do you love the process or the result?
Both

27. At what moments do you feel your reach exceeds your grasp?
When I’m imagining the highest vision of something. When I’m writing and when I’m envisioning my life the way I want it to be.

28. What is your ideal creative activity?
Imagining and daydreaming

29. What is your greatest fear?
That I don’t live out my vision for my life.

30. What is the likelihood of either of the answers to the previous two questions happening?
Very likely but it is all up to me what happens.

31. Which of your answers would you most like to change?
I don’t want to change either of them.

32. What is your idea of mastery?
Focus and deliberate thinking.

33. What is your greatest dream?
To live my own life and to be an example of what’s possible when you live your life as a deliberate creator.

No comments: