Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Still Going Strong

Believe it or not I am still clearing clutter from my house. I have made a lot of progress but the process still continues. It amazes me that one person can accumulate so much junk! I have found boxes that have never been opened since I moved into my house in 2001. At one point I just started laughing at the absurdity of it all.

I have junk piled up in almost every room in my house. My closet if full of clothes and shoes that I don't wear anymore. Why have I kept these things for so long? They no longer fit me so why hold on to them?

I have five years of paperwork that need to either be filed or shredded. I wonder why I didn't make the decision to keep or shred at the time I received the paperwork? Now I'm going through five years of paperwork and the majority of it are things I would have shredded to begin with. I guess at the time it was easier for me to put it in a box and deal with it later. Well, it's later and this is much more work than it needed to be. It would have been much easier to make a decision - yes I need this, it would be beneficial to keep or no this is not needed and keeping it would just take up space that could be used for something else. Doing so would have definitely made things easier.

I decided to sort out a little at a time as to not get too overwhelmed. I wanted to make sure that I made room for the things I decided to keep. I didn't want them going back into a box to be dealt with later. This has made for a slower but more thorough sort out.

One high point was finding some old journals. It's always so interesting to go back and read through old journals and notebooks. I found one from a few years back that listed several things I wanted to do like be a part of a spiritual group of like-minded people, be more authentic in my life, work in a non-structured work environment, etc. All I am happy to say are things I am currently doing. I am an organizer for a Law of Attraction group, I am living authentically, and I am beginning work as a freelance writer.

It's so nice to see my surroundings taking shape and my manifestations coming forward.

No comments: