Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Segment Intending

My day is so much better when I take time to segment intend. Segment intending helps me stay on track with what I desire for my life. I like the feeling of being deliberate about what happens instead of creating by default and then reacting to the outcome.

For the past week or so I have not been segment intending and boy does it show. It all started from not doing it one day when I was feeling tired and it just snowballed from there.

Tonight, I went to my nephew's spaghetti dinner and Bingo night at his school. They were doing this as a fundraiser for their class trip to NASA. I arrived in a frustrated mood. I was 15 minutes late and the line was long. My brother came over and stood with me in line and I noticed that right away I started complaining but then I started noticing the excitement of the kids around me and I thought, I'd like to feel like they do. I saw my nephew. He was so excited, especially about the Bingo game and that sealed the deal for me!

Seeing my nephew and his fellow classmates along with their families made me realize that I could either keep complaining or I could choose to start a new segment-one that was fun and that focused on having an enjoyable evening with my family.

All it takes is a new thought to turn things around!

No comments: